Thursday, June 26, 2008

Well Checks...


This week we had Graham's 6 year check-up and Mallory Kate's 18 months check up. On Monday, I took Graham to his appointment. I told him from the get-go that he would not be getting shots at his 6 year visit. Well, I lied, as Graham told me. Dr. Washburn informed me that since there has been quite a few breakouts of the chicken pox, there is a new booster. Graham freaked out, ran out of the room, and I had to go chase him! I have never ever seen this kind of reaction from him. He went crazy...held on the the frame of the door, went limp as a noodle when I picked him up, and was screaming so loud...I couldn't help but laugh. The nurse and I finally got hold of him, she gave him his shot, and Graham said, "That didn't even hurt!" All of that drama over nothing. But, the doctor was very pleased with Graham...he weighed 44 pounds (40%-ile) and was 45 inches tall (50%-ile). All was great, besides me lying to him about his shot! Ooops! (And I did feel terrible about it, too!) But Monday, Graham started running a fever on and off. He still played and ate normal, but by Wednesday afternoon I was beginning to get unnerved by this fever. I took a flashlight and looked in his throat, and sure enough I saw little white dots...aka- strep throat! So, went back to the doctor to confirm, and got a prescription for an antibiotic! Whew! Now for Mallory Kate's 18 month check-up. I took her this morning at 8:30. Dr. Washburn was also very pleased with her! She weighed almost 22 pounds (25%-ile) and was 30 in long (25%-ile). Her height to weight body mass ration was at the 50%-ile- so she is a little perfect princess! Dr. Washburn said her vocabulary is above normal for her age. (I think an older brother contributed to that one...or maybe it's just a girl thing. Haha!) Anyways, the little diva had to get 3 shots- :( and her mommy had tears running down her face! I hate it more than my kids do! Mallory Kate was very funny at the doctor's office...she kept telling the doctor "no" as he was looking in her ears. And after she gained composure after her shots she said, "Mommy... keys". So I gave her the keys and she said "Go! Go!" Could you blame her? So I think we have to get shots again at her 2 year visit- let's see what she'll say then! I took this picture this morning, and let me tell you, it's almost impossible to get a good shot of the moving targets!

Nothing like brotherly & sisterly love!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Of all the good things you do for your kids...the thing they will remember is that you are a liar!! :)

Great picture.

Kelly

papa said...

Great pictures and I know they are wounderful but I will have to talk to you about dragging my grandson in to get his shot.I hope he got a great surprize for his trama.Mema said to tell Graham she has him something for getting the shot.

PAPA