Saturday, September 27, 2008

Race for the Cure...


What an experience! This morning we went to Race for the Cure at the ICAR campus here in Greenville. There were so many people in support of breast cancer! There was a sea of pink shirts (all BC survivors) which was such an inspiration for me. I felt really good- I still have the drain in, but that didn't stop me! We did the 5K untimed race- which we walked. (I might add we really walked more than that because we had to walk about 1 mile to get to the race and another back to the car!) I appreciated all of my friends and family that came out in support of me and also another BC suvivor at my school, Karen Aiken. We had a wonderful time...check out our pics! PS- Thank God for no rain this morning! The weather was perfect! :)


Mallory Kate...an artist in the future?


At snack time today, I had to run to get the camera! Mallory Kate is now at the age that she wants to be independent and long gone are the days of me feeding her. While I was chatting on the phone, she decided the yogurt was a great medium to finger paint with. I watched her squeezing it between her fingers and making a masterpiece on her tray! She had a blast and then said, "Mommy, mess?" I just shook my head...


4 comments:

Kelly said...

It was so much fun today! You are a positive inspiration to all of us.
Kelly

Unknown said...

It Was Really FUN Today. I looked for you, but with all the people, no luck. I did the 5k timed and this was my first time being there.
It was great! Praying for you and keep that positive attitude and beautiful smile!
Jean

Anonymous said...

Wes and I continue to keep you and your family in our thoughts and Prayers. Keep up the amazing attitude!!!

Christy and Wes

Amanda said...

I had a great time "racing" with everyone- haha! You are amazing!
Amanda