Friday, November 7, 2008

Not so bad...

So, today is Friday and I feel pretty good. I really don't think this round hit me as hard as my first round. I am so glad about that, and hope this pattern continues. I still feel chest pressure and a little achiness, but not too terribly bad! Yeah! Answered prayers....Amen! I have had my aunt from Alabama with me since Wednesday. That has been awesome! She has helped out so much around the house with the kids, cooking meals, laundry, etc. How I would love to have someone "full time" like this all year round! I could get spoiled very easily, ya know? Haha! Maybe since she loves me and my family so much, she would work out a deal? You think? Seriously, it has been wonderful to have her help when I feel cruddy. Well, we are planning on eating lunch at Graham's (and my) school today- and he is so excited about that! His request- biscuits and gravy from Stax's. After lunch, I need to run a few errands- if I still feel up to it. Sometimes I think I feel better than what my body can handle. Like last night, after I gave Mallory Kate a bath, I felt like I had run a marathon. The energy takes a while to get back. But...as a whole, I feel pretty good- much better than last go round! And thanks again for everything- the meals have been wonderful! Keep the prayers going up...God answers them! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling well-hope you feel great all weekend! If you aunt gets board we could use a live or drop in helper!!! :) J/K!! Love, Beth

Kelly said...

I am so glad to hear you are feeling ok! You are so strong! Keep fighting hard!
Miss you
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,

I just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers daily and I have added you to our prayer list in my bible study group. We are praying hard for you and trusting that God will deliver you from this disease! Keep up the fight and keep the faith! You are an inspiration!

God Bless,
Erica Mikulik Kernan

McDonald 5 said...

Lori,

Hi! So glad to know that you are feeling well. Be sure to let people help you and don't overdue it. Rest when you can! I miss and love you so much. Stay strong for me!

Love,

Kristen

Anonymous said...

Lori,
Hi, Breast buddy! Thanks for your sweet guestbook comment on my website! I've just read your news and am so proud of all that you've accomplished! It's amazing how comfortable you get with the bald head. Not that it's my best look, but I find it's just easier than dealing with the wig all the time. I walk around my house bald all the time- in fact, I have to be careful with some of Dylan's (my 10 year old) friends, as I don't want to freak them out. I've especially enjoyed reading what your Dr. says about the chemo v. my Dr. In general, they are on the same page. However, after my last post, you'll see I took comfort in hearing it takes a bit longer to recover each round. I definitely feel that way. As for the brows and lashes- they are still there, but my lashes seem to be thinning out. I can still wear mascara, but I am going to look into my options, as I figure I'll lose more with each round of chemo and I've got one more left. I'll keep you posted! Hang in there and keep fighting the good fight, my friend!
Alden Rice

justlovinmesomestowes said...

more than happy to be of service - it was my pleasure ~ :o) Invoicing of services rendered should be forthcoming so start saving up those 'stax' coupons & please use 'overnite' shipping...heeheehee! yes, I can be bought!!! love to all, miss you already ~ :o)

Paige O'Shields said...

Oh Lori I'm so glad this round wasn't quit as tough. I think the 1st initial boom to your system does take its toll. Hopefully the next ones will be even better. I hope you have a great week and hope you feel great.
Love, Paige
Please call me if you need anything, if you have a question, or just need to talk.!!