Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Christmas has come and gone...it seems to pass so quickly! This year was the best one I can remember! Graham and Mallory Kate had a blast and we enjoyed them so much! We spent the Saturday before Christmas at my mom and dad's with all 4 of us children- Daryl, Rebekah, Adam, and myself and all of our children- 9 in all! Chaos...yes, especially when Uncle Daryl took all the kids downstairs for a game of Nerf tag. Boy did they have fun! Then on Christmas Eve we went to Greg's aunt's house for brunch- which was delicious! Then that night we went over to my in-laws for dinner and presents. So, Christmas Eve night...many of you with children the age of Graham will appreciate this one...I hear footsteps in my bedroom at 4:30 am! "Has Santa come yet?" Good gracious- I replied with, "I'm not sure, but I know you better get back in the bed just in case he hasn't yet!" Graham runs back to bed and wakes up at 6:30- still earlier than I wanted, but I thought that was a much more reasonable time. The kids came downstairs to find that Santa did come (despite several threats and the Elf on the Shelf watching for good behavior) and brought Graham a Wii and Mallory Kate a dollhouse. Both were ecstatic! Mallory Kate played with her dollhouse for a hour straight while I made pancakes. We had a ball! We also went to Greg's dad's house for lunch. So needless to say, we have been busy and we're glad to have this week to just chill out and play with all of our new toys!

I have felt so good these last 2 weeks, praise God for that! I have my 5th chemo on Monday. I am ready to be done! Just one more after #5...yeah! I have been going to physical therapy for my lymphodema in my hand, about twice a week. The PT is awesome, and my hand looks really good now. I still have to wear my "diva" compression sleeve and hand glove for about 3-4 months, 24 hrs a day. But if I am really good about it, then maybe I won't have to forever. I have gotten many strange looks and comments. The checkout girl at Publix asked me if I had a hand tattoo! Haha! Another good bit of news, my insurance finally paid on one of those "denied" claims! Yeah! So 2 more still pending and both in appeals, but hopefully good will come out of those too! I know I say this quite often, but honestly, thanks for the prayers! I know first hand the power of prayer. God is good...all the time, even when we don't understand his plan! :)
Here are a few pics of the kids at Christmas and a precious video of Mallory Kate! (She was in a wild mood, singing her little heart out to "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star!" I hope she doesn't have a multiple personality! Haha! I just had to share this one!)
Happy New Year to all!
Video of Mallory Kate singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star"
...Rock Style, then Little Miss Innocent Style...
Christmas Morning...

Graham at Mema & Papa's

Mallory Kate is obsessed with Dora the Explorer!

4 comments:

David Parker said...

Mallory Kate is absolutely precious singing her song. It just melts my heart! What sweet kids you have. I am so glad that you all had a wonderful Christmas. I never thought that Christmas could get any better than when I was a kid. I think I was wrong. Christmas is even better when you have a child of your own. We are all extremely blessed!! Take care, and I am going to leave a bag of more goodies (bread or bagels) on Mallory Kate's hook next week. Tell Greg to be on the look out! :)

Kelly said...

What a precious video!! She is a hoot.

So glad Christmas was special for your family.

I know the New Year is going to bring great things for your family.

Kelly

Howard Family said...

precious video....(you will have to let me know how you added that, Blog Queen!!) Call me if you need anything this week.

Anonymous said...

Lori,
My granddaughter got the same dollhouse and loves it. Hope you are improving and we will really have to pray you through number 6.
Just keep thinking about the song, Ring The Bell, Oh Ring the Bell. I think I may have it somewhere.
Love, Karen Aiken