Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm back and blogging...

So I really can't sugar coat this one- this round of Chemo really stunk! I was really hoping for another round like my second, but unfortunately, it didn't work that way! It's been a week, and I am just now starting to feel better. This time I felt nauseated-which is terrible and I am so thankful for my $106 Emmend pills! (Luckily that feeling only lasted for one day!) And this time I had extreme fatigue and feeling crummy- through Thanksgiving, but we made it. I did have a cold that started last Wednesday- which I'm sure didn't help my situation- and my doctor has now put me on antibiotics since my blood counts are at their lowest. I still am feeling a "racey-heart", which I think I will call about tomorrow. (I'm sure that's all pure side effects from the toxins!) Anyways, I have to give a big Kudos out to Greg for being Mr. Mom, since the kids were home during all of this because of the holidays. Greg did an awesome job of keeping our household running and keeping the kids fed and bathed! Thanks honey! :)

Since I had a lot of thinking time- in the bed and on the couch- I really got to thinking about Thanksgiving and what I am truly thankful for. A friend of mine, who I met down this road of breast cancer, recently sent out an e-mail about what all she is thankful for. Of course she said friends and family, but the 3rd thing she mentioned was being thankful for her breast cancer. Now that's a hard one to chew...but really, God has shown her through this road many things including a great support group of people that love her. When I read her e-mail, I starting thinking, too, of my wonderful support group. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes something bad like cancer, to bring us closer to those who care and love us. God has already used my cancer to reveal relationships that have been neglected, and I am thankful for that. I truly am blessed to have my friends and family praying for me and who are with me on this journey. During my thinking time, I really have thought about how much God has blessed me- with a caring husband and 2 beautiful children, wonderful family, a great Sunday School, awesome friends, and a job that I love (although I'm not currently there). I am amazed in all of His good work and I can truly say that God is good in all things! Thanks for checking in, and I hope all is well with all of you! Happy Late- Thanksgiving!

14 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so sorry to hear that this round was tougher for you! We miss you at school! If you need anything- give me a call!
Love ya,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

We miss your smiling face at school! It's not the same without you. I am so sorry this round was a bad one. Hang in there - you're close to the end! You are an inspiration!!! Mary Patskoski

Anonymous said...

Every word in your blog hit home tonight. Our sermon at church a couple of weeks ago was on this very thing...being thankful for the most difficult circumstances. These are the things that bring us closer to God and the things he uses in us to bring others closer to Him. I've struggled with this for years, but have finally accepted my limitations...and are thankful for them...even when I bruise my legs ALL the time by running into 'little people' furniture!!!!
I can't begin to tell you what a TRUE inspiration you are to ALL of us...your faith shines through and you are such a wonderful witness. When I grow up...I want to be just like YOU!!!!
Prayers are always going out to you and the family. I love you!

TW

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! I am sorry that this round was rough for you but your blog always inspires me-You are really a strong person Lori!!! I hope to talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry this round was tough for you! Hang in there.... you are a trooper!!!! Stay strong!!!


Cindy Chemell

Anonymous said...

I am sorry it was a doozy this time but glad it was the holidays so you had family around to check in and keep you company. You are amazing looking at the positive in all of this! Beth

Anonymous said...

Lori, I am sorry too about how difficult this round has been. Thanks so much again for being so open about all of this and letting us in on your journey. It puts alot in perspectivtive for me. Even though I've had some difficult things to deal with in my life I feel like they have made me stronger. Your attitude is so great that I know this will be a speedbump on the road of your life. Hope you are feeling better by the time you read this and I think of you every day. Hang in there. Doris

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing even when things aren't fun.
When you are put in tough situations it is amazing how much strength you can find. I am so glad that you are finding thanksgivings even in this difficult time.
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Lori,
What a great Thanksgiving revelation! You may never know how many people you have blessed or will bless because of breast cancer. One of my co-workers is going through breast cancer and because of your situation I could empathize with her a little better-because this is so close to my heart now. So thank you for being such a blessing to all of us as well!
Love and prayers,
Bridget

Anonymous said...

Lori, Marianna told me about your blog. I have so enjoyed reading it. You have a gift for sharing yourself in your writing. One has to be there to realize that there are things to be thankful for as you journey with breast cancer. It was a defining time in my life. I just experienced my eighth year as a cancer survivor. Everyday is a blessing! Please know that you have been in my prayers since I first heard your news. You will be one of the reasons that I relay this May! Hope to see you there! The first lap--the Survivor Lap--is a truly meaningful experience. I am thrilled that MRES is having a team in your honor! Love you and miss you! Georgia

Anonymous said...

Lori,

Hang in there girl, maybe the feeling bad is a sign that the bad guys are losing. You know in all the super hero (which you are)movies the hero is almost down when he comes back stronger to WIN.

Love,
Becky

Anonymous said...

Lori - Sorry I am so late commenting, but I had a few minutes today and wanted to catch up with you guys on your blog! Your thinking is SO true and I am very blessed that you are back in our lives all the way from Texas. Everything happens for a reason - I am a big believer in that and you are going to come through this stronger than ever. We will all benefit because of the friendships rekindled and the new friends you have met on your journey! I wish you the best through your '2nd half' of treatments and we will talk soon! Love ya, Mike M

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dont Bother With Sluggish Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Rapidly Search High Quality Movies, PC Games, MP3 Albums, Applications and Download Them @ Rapid Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat seo forum[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or misunderstood avenues to produce an income online.