Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 2 continued...

I just got back from the doctor. I gained 4 pounds- what's that all about? Dr. Go said that it is common for you to gain anywhere from 2-7 pounds after chemo due to fluid retention. He said I didn't need a diuretic and that it would go away in a few days- great! I also got the Neulasta injection...phew...I think that hurt more than my spinal when having my children! She offered it to me in the back of my arm or in the stomach. I chose the arm today, but next time will be the stomach! She said there is less nerves in the stomach. Anyways, I also talked with Dr. Go about my Oncotype test- the results came in. My score was a "46". This takes into account treatment vs recurrence rate. Basically, the higher the score, the more benefit from chemo. So, he was on the right path- that means I will benefit more in taking the chemo and radiation and Tamoxifen. Based on this test, I have about a 37% recurrence rate of cancer within the next 5 years. Now like I said in an earlier post, I don't have to be a statistic! I will fight this and I have the Big Man upstairs in my corner! :) Anyways- I'm off to go take a nap- I'm feeling a little tired, but otherwise, pretty good. Oh, and all of the side effects I mentioned earlier this morning are completely normal- like I thought! Thanks for the continued prayers! Love to all!

7 comments:

justlovinmesomestowes said...

nighty night & pleasant dreams...try to take it easy, relax & chill & let these meds do their job.
hugs & kisses
~ :o)

Anonymous said...

Lori-I have been thinking about you non stop and I am so glad you are well an being so positive-I will continue to keep you in my prayers and if there is anything I can do to help, pleas do not hesitate to ask! We will chat soon so we can do lunch or dinner!

Kelly said...

I am glad today is going well.

Take the shot in the stomach. When we did invitro that was my "favorite" place to get shots. :)

Today I saw Mallory Kate at school. I asked AnnaKate to hug her and Mallory Kate leaned like..."You can hug ME now." What a diva!!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your BLOG. As stated before, you are amazing. Good luck! Deep, heartfelt prayers! I can't wait to see the "new do".

David Parker said...

I am so glad that there was internet for you today. Time can pass so quickly when you have ebay! :)

Cassie (The other Cassie- not the nurse)

:)

Anonymous said...

Lori,
I'm so glad things seem to be going ok. Take care of yourself!! I'll talk to you soon.
Love,
Dan and Bridget

Julie said...

Lori, I know I've already told you this, but I'm so proud of you for having such a great attitude through all of this. It gives me peace knowing that you have peace about this journey. Keep it up. You're doing great!

Love ya, Julie