Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Day 3...

Well, the Dr. said days 3-7 would be the toughest, and I believe that he is right. I had a horrible time sleeping last night- I laid awake for over 3 hours, due to the steroid I think. Last night's dose was the last of that, thank goodness! I will try to help myself tonight by taking a prescription the Dr. gave me to help with sleep. It was hard to get out of bed this morning, I tried to help get the kids ready for the day, but I don't think I was too much help- sorry Greg! I felt this pressure on my chest- which I called the nurse about- and she said it is probably heartburn from some of the chemo drugs. I took some of Greg's Zantac, and it may of helped a little, but not so much. I managed to get in the shower when Greg came home for lunch- and that did make me feel a little better, too. I have been mainly reading today- I'm not so into the TV at this point. I do have to say that I am pretty impressed with the anti-nausea drugs though. I really don't feel that queasy- although I really don't have much of an appetite either yet. I'm sure this will all pass- hopefully sooner than later! Thanks for the prayers!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strike day 3 off the calendar and keep counting down through 7 to good days again!!!! This means you are one day closer to feeling better! You are in my prayers. Beth

Anonymous said...

Keep looking forward to next week! It will get better...Prayers are with you ALL the time!!!
Love you,
TW

Anonymous said...

I love you!!!
Chap

Kelly said...

I am glad to hear that things aren't as bad as they could be.

Take it easy and look forward to feeling better next week!

Kelly

papa said...

Sounds like you had a bad night but my friend at work said it would get better and she would know. we are praying every day for you let us know if we can do anything. may be we could get the kids and greg and keep them for awhile ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Lori,
You are amazing! What a champ you are, I couldn't be more proud of you and your attitude! I love you and I hope the rest of the week goes fast with no side effects!
Liza

Anonymous said...

I hope tonight is better for you and that you can get some great rest. Remember I'm a night owl and I'm praying for you late into the night. If you ever need to pick up the phone during a rough night ... I'm here. You're an amazing person ... beautiful inside out !! Lots of love to you ... krista