Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 4...

This is the first time I made it downstairs today- at 11:30. I tried to take a shower this morning, but ended up almost "blacking out"- you know when you start to see stars and all fades? So, I sat in the shower until I could get back up. Boy...chemo is rough stuff! I guess this is a sign that the "poisons" are doing their job! I pretty much have laid in the bed all morning- doing nothing. Although I did talk to a fellow BC patient on the phone who gave me lots of encouragement today! (On a day that I needed it most! :) I think things will get better- hopefully soon! I do not feel nauseated- just kinda achy and very weak. All I feel like eating is a starchy baked potato! Weird, huh? I'm going to call Greg at work and ask him to bring me one for lunch- I love you, honey! Thanks for the prayers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every morning I wake up you are the first person that comes to mind. You have no idea how much this blog is a blessing to all of us who read it. Just to know how you are doing from day to day. Thanks so much for taking the time to update us. It means allot.

Kelly said...

I think about you all the time and pray that this tough time goes by fast.
The blog is so good for us that see or talk to you daily. It really makes me feel connected...thanks for taking the time to do it! (and why do you need a shower...just cross that off your list for tomorrow!!)
Kelly

Melody said...

Hate to hear that you feel yucky. Hope it passes soon. Glad that Greg is such a support for you. Take care and I agree with Kelly...SKIP the shower!
Did you know I was a Blogger now?
http://ouroliverfamily.blogspot.com/
Not nearly as interesting read as you, but fun to do.

Anonymous said...

Lori, I just got your site from Beth G. It's good to read the updates and hear how well you are handling this. I think of you often and will continue to lift you and your family up in prayer. Sarah Garland

Paige O'Shields said...

Lori: This time next year people might start talking if you go a week without a shower, but for now you don't even have to brush your teeth if you don't want to. Hang on you can do it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I thought of you all day and prayed for your haircut...sounds like you might of needed to reschedule that. I will still gladly go with you if you tell me when to be there. I'll pray Day 7 hurries up.
Funny how coming downstairs at 11:30 after growing up and having children seems like you've missed half the day....when I was a teenager I was so mad if anyone thought of waking me before 11:30!! Love, Beth