Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 2...

I would have slept great last night, but I kept waking up thinking about when to take which pills! I'm not much of a medicine person, and I think I want to make sure I take everything when I'm supposed to! So, when I got up this morning I went downstairs- and noticed my legs were a little shaky. I had to have something on my stomach- so I ate a delicious piece of banana bread that someone from my school had baked! (I didn't have that nasty "dirty penny" taste this morning so I actually enjoyed it!) Then I laid all the meds out on the counter, and took 1 steroid pill, 1 anti-nausea pill, 1 Claritin, and 1 IB Profrin. The last 2 pills are to help with the side effects from the Neulasta shot I'm getting this morning at 11:00. I have to take another steroid tonight too- to make sure I don't have allergic reactions. The site on my arm where I had the IV yesterday is bruised and a little swollen today. My cheeks are very pink this morning, and I also feel a little pressure on my heart. I'll talk to the nurse about these side effects this morning. (I think it's all normal though.)

On another note, I did go see Graham in his performance at PTA last night. They were adorable, although Greg and I had Mallory Kate to contend with! I guess the terrible 2's are approaching us quickly! I took a few shots, not the best ones, but he is the second boy in blue from the left.
Graham looking intently for his parents!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori - We are so glad everything went well yesterday. I thought about you all day. Please let me know if you need me to take you to any appointments or just want someone to keep you company. I would be glad to do it. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need ANYTHING. Love ya!!!

justlovinmesomestowes said...

sounds like your 1st night went okiedokie - great shots of graham cracker - what was play? what did the kid next to graham cracker lose?...his belly button?!!!! good luck today, call me when you can...
love you more than the # of nuts that have fallen from our trees in the past month...heeheehee ~ :o)

Paige O'Shields said...

Lori, I promise you those symptoms are normal although they are so out of the norm. But do mention them to your docter. Hang in there it will be over before you know it. Rest good the next few days, then fight like there is no tomorrow! :)
Paige

Anonymous said...

That Graham is something, huh? Love him!!!! Great pictures!!
Your blog is absolutely WONDERFUL! I know it's therapy for you...but it's also therapy for all of us, too! I'm with Paige..get some rest then put your gloves on and fight! We luv ya!!!

TW